Crews from Hereford, Ledbury, and Leominster fire stations were called to a farm in Falcon Lane, near Ledbury, at 6.46am yesterday (March 6).
On arrival, they found a large polytunnel with “multiple seats of fire dotted around the site,” a spokesperson for Ledbury Fire Station said.
Crews worked to tackle the blaze using hosereels, a backpack extinguisher, and beaters.
The spokesperson said the fire is believed to have been started by an electrical fault, but that the cause has not yet been confirmed.
Hereford firefighters remained on scene to monitor the risk area after the flames had been put out, the spokesperson said, while the other crews went to their day jobs.
The spokesperson praised farm workers for their help in guiding firefighters to the best access to the polytunnel.
Want to stay up to date with all the latest news for your local area? It’s easy, just sign up for our free weekly email newsletter here and all the important stories that matter to you will be delivered straight to your inbox.